I’m in the process of creating some “Top Ten Tip” flyers for work to try to distil some best practice into bite-sized chunks.
Here are my Top Ten Social Networking Tips:
- Never post anything you don’t want made public
- Check your privacy settings often
- Don’t use the same password as for your email account
- If one of your friends starts chatting and asking for money, phone them up!
- Don’t install apps you don’t know the provenance of
- Remember: everyone can read your tweets!
- Be careful on tagging other people in posts
- Don’t show your date of birth to anyone
- Be careful who you friend
- Consider the future implications of posts and pictures: nothing ever gets deleted
Are there any more important ones? What would you suggest?